Sweet Honey Caramels!
Amazing and delicious!
- 1-1/2 cups - honey
- 1/2 cup - heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon - butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla
- 1/2 Cup - Sugar
Slap the honey and heavy cream in big pot. Heat it while stirring over medium-high heat till the mixture reaches 238°F exactly! Next stir in butter, vanilla and sugar goodness. Then you cool it and eat it..
Serve while it is warm. Pour it over ice cream!
HONEY ALOE COCONUT FACIAL CREAM
(Makes about 200gm) – 2 x 50ml Jars
8 TBS Coconut oil
10 grams stearic acid
60 grams vegetable emulsifying wax
2 tsp Honey
400 grams Aloe Juice Steeped in Green Tea
I never used a preservative in this recipe but you can if you want to.
2gms Germaben (1% of total batch weight) “Preservative”
(The temperature must not be higher than 450oC, when adding
20 Drops Patchouli Essential oil (Also prevents mould growth and bacteria)
40 Drops Ylang-Ylang Essential oil
½ tsp Rose Water Concentrate
1. Combine the oil, Stearic Acid and Emulsifying Wax in a Pyrex dish. Microwave for 40 seconds on high. Remove from heat.
2. In a separate Pyrex cup, measure the Aloe Vera Juice.
3. Add the Aloe Vera Juice to the oils and beat with a stick blender, keep beating until you have a lovely fluffy cream.
4. Add the essential oils and pour into glass jars. (preferable dark blue or brown jars) Enjoy! You can add a bit more Aloe Vera Juice if you want the crème thinner and not too oily.
5. Wait for the cream to cool before putting the lid on. Label and keep in the fridge if you don’t have a preservative in.
6. Mine has lasted a year in my cupboard and is still fresh.